The Department offers an MA in Foreign Languages with five different concentrations:
- Spanish (Can be completed FULLY ONLINE)
- Spanish Bilingual/Multicultural Education
- Spanish and French
We also offer a Graduate Certificate in Spanish Heritage Language Education (SHLE) that can be taken together with the MA, with courses counting toward both degrees.
The Accelerated MA program allows highly qualified undergraduates to save time and money by beginning their graduate study while still completing their undergraduate degree (with up to 12 credits counting towards both degrees).
Educators seeking professional development opportunities may take graduate courses as non-degree students. In most cases, non-degree coursework can later be applied to the MA and certificate programs.
- Graduate Assistantship in Spanish tutoring (open to all MA students)
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship (only students who have completed 18 graduate credits may apply)
- Tuition discount available for Virginia educators! The discount can be applied to 2 graduate courses, or 6 credits, per semester, and up to 18 credits total. If you currently teach at a public or private school in the state of Virginia, please inquire further about your eligibility for this award by contacting Dr. Ellen Serafini, Director of Graduate Studies and/or email@example.com